Wednesday, 30 October 2013

How do popular girls really feel?

Why do you go around seeking attention when you're so much better than that? 
Why do you not see the beauty you have within you and instead go in search for it elsewhere? 
Why do you seek attention from those who only care because you're popular?
Why? 


Today I was thinking em-pathetically. I wondered what my school's most popular girl must feel like when a guy talks to her. Clearly, he wants more. Everyone is constantly hitting on her and trying to make her more than just a friend. What if that's what she wants? What if, all she wants in a guy, for once, is a true and sincere friend? Does she not deserve her share of happiness? I think so but many might disagree with whatever is below this. 


Yes, she became popular because she's pretty, oozes charm, has a perfect smile and a perfect body and she probably does a lot more than what meets the eye. All that is understandable. It has gotten to a point where she doesn't have to try anymore to get people to talk about her. The thing about girls wanting to become popular is that they do IT just because they feel like outsiders (at least I think so). They do it purely for the attention and the whole experience of what it's like to be the center of attraction. Believe me, she is pretty. As much as I don't want to admit it, she is. And the reason that normal people like us don't go well with her is because she has set standards for her friendship. For us, that level is unattainable.


So, you see, she'll always be looking in the wrong places for the right friends. Even when my friend walks up to me and talks to me about how she makes him go lovesick, I try to discourage it as much as I can. Earlier, it was because it grossed me out. Later, it was because I didn't really like her. Now, it's because I feel bad for her. Everyone should be given a chance to change. Being seventeen, it is hard. Even though everyone is telling you how to live life and how life has its own ups and downs and how we should be flexible to deal with all of it, it is hard. 


My friend will never really understand why I keep discouraging him. He still doesn't and there is no point trying to explain it to him because he's not a girl and he wouldn't understand what it feels like to be a girl. Rumors are what kills everyone's image inside out. Try not to be a part of this vicious circle of rumors. Once trapped, it's hard to get out. You don't want to be the reason for another person's tears, do you? Stop and think for a while before you start bad-mouthing someone you dislike because she probably doesn't even know you exist and so your bad-mouthing is not going to do either of you any good, unless you're a sadist. I believe that if you're nice to these kinds, you can truly transform them to what they were from what they have become. 


Next time you see a popular girl or anyone who you think is well-known for the wrong reasons, pat her back and tell her that it's all going to be okay and that one day things will get better. Even if she doesn't understand it, at least you did your part. 





No comments:

Post a Comment