The United States of American legalized Gay Lesbian Marriage
in all 50 of its states on the 26th of June 2015. Excellent! Great
reason for a lot of homosexual people to celebrate.
Now, let me get to the point of this post. The objective of
this is to LEAVE THEM ALONE. Just let them be. Let them enjoy their freedom.
They’ve been fighting for it for many long years so just let them celebrate.
Why do you care?
I saw a lot of people changing their profile pictures to colorful rainbows in support of the decision. Then I saw a lot of hurtful
messages regarding the decision. I then saw a lot of quoting from Holy books of
respective religions that state/prove ‘Homosexuality is a crime.’ Let’s stop
right there!
Why does it bother you SO much? The humane thing to do is
just acknowledge the change and move on. No one is compelling you to adopt that
lifestyle. No one is asking you to adopt and accept homosexuality. You’re not
happy with the decision? Fine, don’t be. You want to support it? Fine, go
ahead. Why is it necessary to post hurtful messages on social media to express
your hatred? I know, I know, freedom of speech, everyone is entitled to an
opinion but is it really worth it?
Bringing up excerpts from the Holy books? These
‘homosexuals’ already probably know whatever the Holy books have to say
regarding the matter. They don’t really need more people telling them. In fact,
they’re probably better human beings than most of us ever will be.
Homosexuality isn’t the only CARDINAL sin. There are many
others. There’s rape, there’s adultery, and there are many more sins. Did you
know, adultery is not only “doing it before marriage”? It is also JUST looking
at someone with wrong intentions. Think about how many times you’ve sinned now.
Not everyone is a saint and people claiming to be free of sin and saintly don’t
even know what they’re talking about.
God is Almighty. He is the decider of our fate. Let him
decide. We don’t have the right to point fingers at fellow people. We don’t get
to tell them that they’re going to hell. I am a Christian. I am aware of what
the Bible has to say regarding this matter but I am also a human being and I
find it extremely hard to hurt and hate people who have caused me no harm. I am
not promoting homosexuality but I don’t despise those who choose to follow that
way of life. It is the humane thing to do. It just is.
In a world where poverty is increasing, where terrorism is
at its peak, where people are dying, where there are larger and destructive
issues to deal with is this really one of them? Does this really affect you?
Just let it go. Move on. Love one another without conditions and selfish
desires.
Live and let live.
No comments:
Post a Comment